Currys is a chain of British electronic stores operated by Currys plc that sells and repairs consumer electronics and home appliances throughout the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland.
Currys began in 1927 as a store specializing in bicycles, but the company quickly diversified its product offerings and, beginning in the 1960s, became a leading supplier of electronics for the home. After being acquired by Dixons in 1984, the company continued doing business under the Currys name. After merging with Dixon’s PC World in 2008 to establish Currys PC World, the company shifted its focus to bigger out-of-town locations under the brand name, and in 2014, when the company became Dixons Carphone, it added Carphone Warehouse sections to its stores. All stores will have changed their names to Currys by October 2021.
The Team at Currys:
Get to know the group that is keeping the Currys headquarters running smoothly. Executives at Currys UK headquarters are listed below:
- Alex Baldock: Group Chief Executive
- Andrea Gisle Joosen: Independent Non-Executive Director
- Bruce Marsh: Chief Financial Officer
- Eileen Burbidge MBE: Independent Non-Executive Director
- Fiona McBain: Independent Non-Executive Director
- Gerry Murphy: Independent Non-Executive Director
- Nigel Paterson: General Counsel and Company Secretary
- Tony DeNunzio CBE: Deputy Chair and Senior Independent Director